Youth Build Classes Starting Now!
It's Not Too Late!
Contact Us Today! 412-665-5206
High School Diploma
- Students can earn an 18 credit accredited high school diploma through Smart Horizons Career Online High School Program (SHCOHS).
- Students can transfer up to 10 credits from other accredited institutions
- Students have 18 months to complete the program; however, they can complete the program earlier based on the number of courses needed. If students enroll in SHCOHS with no previous high school credits and complete one credit per month they can obtain a high school diploma within 18 months.
- Students may work on their courses any time and can work at their own pace, completing more than 1 credit per month, and completing the program in less than 18 months.
- Students will receive 15 hours per week of online instruction at Garfield Jubilee. However, if students have access to a computer at home or at the library they can continue online coursework after school or weekends. This will allow the students to complete the coursework earlier.
Students will have online and onsite Educational Coaches to provide assistance, support and encouragement. The online Educational Coach is a Certified Instructor which will provide 24/7 technical support. The Educational Coaches at Garfield Jubilee are Certified Instructors and mentors.
Occupational Skilled Training
Students, who are working or have their high school diploma, can choose to enter into one of the three careers: construction, health care or retail/customer service.
Garfield YouthBuild Program pays your college tuition.
Students can also be dual enrolled in CCAC skilled occupational certificate classes:
- Building and Construction – welding, plumbing, and facilities maintenance technology
- Health Care – Medical Terminology and Certified Nursing
Community Service Learning
Students are involved in the community service learning activities to build leadership skills and to help revitalize neighborhoods.
Students also receive wages/incentives for work experience and classroom activities.
- Intensive Case Management
- Housing Assistance
- Child Care and Health Care Referrals
- Other Needed Supportive Services
Students receive job readiness training to hone skills in resume development, interviews and job search skills that will lead to job placement during enrollment and 12 months after enrollment. Job Developer will also help you connect with housing, transportation, and child care resources.
Garfield Jubilee YouthBuild Program Accomplishments
- 100% customer service certification
- 92% job placement with retention rate of 100%
- 75% increase in literacy and numeracy
Garfield Jubilee Association, Inc. is currently recruiting for its YouthBuild Program
Be the change and empower your life
Contact Dion Jones, Program Coordinator for more information
DON’T DELAY -- DO IT NOW!
Garfield Jubilee Association is currently recruiting for its CNA and Construction Training Tracks. * CNA students must be 18 years of age and have a High School Diploma. The age range for Construction is 16 to 24 years of age. To get the word out we have been using social media. You can catch our live podcast on Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm hosted by our Program Coordinator, Dion Jones. Guest has included our staff, YouthBuild alumni students, and our community partners. Join us at YouthBuildpgh and follow us on FaceBook and Twitter. Have your questions answered and hear some of the success stories of our YouthBuild alumni students. Flyers are also being distributed.
- Must be 16 to 24 years of age
- Meet the low-income requirements
- Reside in City of Pittsburgh or Allegheny County
Telephone: 412-665-5200 or 412-665-5206
Garfield Jubilee Public Information Statement
Garfield Jubilee YouthBuild Program is funded by U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Employment and Training Administration (ETA), as part of the total project cost totaling $1,543,202; $1,098,520 or 71% is financed by DOL and $444,682 or 29% is financed by non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor endorsement by DOL, ETA, or the U.S. Government.
GO GRANT Program
Garfield Jubilee GO Grant Program is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Employment and Training Administration (ETA), for the total project cost of $1,562,500 which is 100% financed by DOL. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the officials views of, nor endorsement by DOL, ETA or the U.S. Government.